It’s that time of year again. Yep, time to get ready to head back to school! It can be a crazy time, even for the most organized person.
For many, it will include buying new clothes, school supplies, and backpacks. The “To Do” list also may include organizing the carpool, figuring out a schedule to keep up with practices and rehearsals or deciding if your son or daughter will be taking a vehicle with them to college.
Whether your child is heading to college or starting their first year of school, you worry about their safety.
For your college bound child, that most likely includes the car that he/she will be using away from home. It’s very important that a car inspection is completed before he/she leaves for college.
Give us a call. We will complete a courtesy car inspection, which will include the following:
- Check fluid levels– oil, coolant, transmission, brake fluid, power steering
- inspect battery
- Check filters–air and cabin air, oil, fuel
- Check tires– tire pressure( all 4 + spare), tread depth, wear pattern
- Check lights– headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, emergency lights
- Inspect brakes– brake pads need to be at least 1/4″ thick
- Check wipers–front and rear
- Review car manual for any maintenance needs
- Inspect exhaust system
After the inspection, we will go over our findings and, if necessary, prioritize the needs based upon emergency needs and your budget. We will be happy to send that inspection electronically to your e-mail as well.
You and your child will feel much better knowing that the vehicle is safe to drive for the upcoming school year. Even if you need to complete repairs on a scheduled basis, you will feel much more at ease knowing what needs to be done now and what will be repaired in the future.
A few extra TLC items that you may want to consider:
- make sure your child has the proper car registration and insurance papers
- include an emergency kit with:
- *car charger
- *jumper cables
- *first aid kit
- *flashlight with extra batteries
- *snow shovel, snow brush and ice scraper (seems early, but cold weather will be hear sooner than later)
- *washer fluid
Hope everyone has a great start to a new school year!
#backtoschoolinspection #carecaretips #carmaintenance