Flat tires can happen for several different reasons. Sometimes they go flat by what we do, but most often it’s what we DON’T DO that effects our tires the most! I’ve listed, in order, the most common reasons cars go flat on our vehicles
- Alignment issue: more than 90% of vehicles on the road today are out of alignment! Wow! When cars are out of alignment it causes tires to wear prematurely and incorrectly. This can lead to unsafe driving conditions. It is recommended to have your vehicles aligned at least twice a year.
- Improper PSI: PSI stands for pounds per square inch. This refers to the amount of tire pressure in your vehicle’s tires. Under inflation as well as over inflation causes tires to wear improperly, which results in an early death for you tires. Tires are not cheap, so be smart and follow the necessary guidelines to keep them on the road as long as they can.
- Lack of rotation: the tires on your vehicle need to be rotated so that the tires wear more evenly and stay in the best condition for as long as they can. Check this link for more information on tire maintenance: https://bobsautolax.com/ive-told-tires-premature-wear-2/.
- Worn Shocks and struts: when the shocks and struts wear out more pressure is put on tires and thus the possibility of a flat tire increases greatly.
- Heavy Breaking: this falls under the category of what you are doing that can lead to a flat tire. If you think about it this makes sense.
- Quality of tire: yep, you get what you pay for. Sometimes you just have to get a tire of lesser quality due to financial reasons, but if you can afford it, you definitely want to install quality tires to get the most wear for you money.
#flattire #tiremaintenance #reasonsforflattire